This article is not like the others. As you read this post, you will have the chance to take action and start to get a better love life. Here how it works. Your goal today is to know exactly how worried you are. Yes you are asking yourself why you can’t find a boyfriend. But is that anxiety actually stops you to reach your goal?
To know it that’s the case, just answers the questions below. This test can help you to see what’s really going on in your love life. Maybe you will discover that the solution for you is pretty simple: you just have to change some habits. Or maybe you will understand that you need some help to get over those worries. They are ruining you love life.
Realize that even if the magic tool to get rid of worries in love have not been invented yet. But the answers that you give to the following question can give you a good idea of how severe your situation is.
Or that you don’t have to sweat about it…
This test is inspired form a book published in 1997. This book, written by Dr Edward M. Hallowell is simply named Worry.
Related article: read the article I can’t find a boyfriend Destroy your doubt now to know how to use visualization to get that positive vibe you need to find your man.
How to take the test?
“Testing me, testing me, testing me“… John Mayer– Vultures
Take a pen and a pager. If your answer is “not at all”, add 0 to your score; Add 1 point if the answer is “sometimes”. Add 2 points if you say “often”; 3 points if it’s “almost every day”. Some questions are closed questions: you can answer them only with a yes or a no. Add 3 points to your score for every “yes” and 0 for every “no”. Ready? Here we go!
Related article: read the article How To Mend My Broken Heart? 2 solutions To Help You Feel Better now to know why it’s so important to observe your emotions and know yourself
- Would you like to worry less about your love life?
- When you think about your love life, do you start to worry about being single forever? How often does it happen in a week?
- Are you the kind of person who worries about things even if you know that everything is OK in your life in general?
- Where you a worried child?
- Do your friends tell you that you worry too much about things?
- Do your family tell you that you worry too much about things?
- Do your worries stop you to think about your real situation? Is your judgement affected?
- Do your worries mess up your vacation, the moments you spend with your friend
- Do you think often about those times when you have dated a moron? How many times do you think about those guys who have no class?
- Do you think that men are all liars and just can’t be trusted?
- Do you think about dying alone?
- Are you worried about your health to a point where it seems totally irrational (your friend and parent have told you about that tendency)?
- Have someone told you that your worries are irrational?
- Do you worry about your finance?
- How many times have you been paralyzed by worries in your love life (you just couldn’t approach that cute guy even if you have heard that you are totally his type, for instance)?
- Are you always thinking about what people think about you? “Oh… she’s still single? How come?”
- How‘s your skin? Here, think about how your body react to your worries. Have you noticed something?
- Are you so negative that it seems that you have no idea of where to start to get a better love life? So you finally do nothing at all.
- Do you take alcohol or drugs when you worry about something?
- Are you totally unable to find something positive when you are worried about your love life?
- How often do you go back to your bad experience in your love life?
- Do you worry about the future even if your date goes well. Do you start to think that something may happen and ruin everything?
- Do you wake up in the night thinking about your sad love life?
- Do you think that it’s dangerous to be self-confident? That it’s an attitude that can put someone into trouble?
- Do you procrastinate a lot?
- Are you shy?
- Do you feel that everything never goes well when you date of meet a man?
- Do you feel that something will go wrong when you go out for a date?
- You see yourself dating a cute guy. What happens when you play a scenario in your head? Are you often pessimist?
- Let’s say that things are going well with a man. Do you have negating thoughts that cross your mind?
- How often do you ask yourself if a man is trying to abuse you?
- Do you think that positive people are superficial?
- Do people around you describe you as a creative, imaginative woman?
- Do you have problem to forget a comment that someone have told you?
- Do you like to establish some reachable objective? Something like this one: in this speed dating event, I will talk to 20 men, no matter what happens”
- Do you often need someone to feel reassured?
- Do you often take things out of proportion? A man says something that is no big deal and, suddenly, it seems that the world is about to end.
- Do you think that if you do not try to control everything, something bad will happen to you? So, in other words, you try to think about every thing that could go wrong in a date to feel more secured.
- Have you been sexually abused?
- Now that you are adult, would you describe your youth as an unstable one?
- Do you have some obsessive habit or thoughts? Tendencies that you can’t control. Do you have panic attacks?
- Think about your family history. Do you have a parent or a grandparent that was depressed, or had a compulsive trouble?
- Do you have some health trouble that is the result of your worries, according to your doctor?
OK, the minimum you can have is 0. If that’s your score, then I will say that you must be Buddha or something. I want to meet you!
Now, if you are under 25, you are not excessively worried about your love life even if you are looking for a man. Wonderful.
26-75: well let’s not be worries about that score yet. Yet there is some risk. Just continue to observe your attitude and your reactions. Continue to find ways to lower your stress level.
76-150: the red zone. I would suggest you to consult a professional if you are worried that much about your love life (and maybe about your life in general). There’s nothing wrong with that. The strongest people in the world have needed something some help. Why would you be ashamed to do the same? Worries of that level are dangerous for your body, your mind and your soul. Take care of yourself, lady.
Now you know the next step you will have to make to stop worrying and star dating with a relaxed mind.
Go. And find your amazing man