What a TV show!
Steve Harvey was invited in a TV show host by Oprah. A woman in the audience stood up and started to read her list of qualities that her perfect husband should have.
You know, the list.
(You probably have one. Don’t you ladies?)
The woman was reading, and reading, and…
Steve Harvey couldn’t believe his ears.
I mean, gee… That list was long. Very long….
I asked myself:
“How can she go through that list without even breathing? That’s amazing!”
The guest raised his hand and stopped the reader. He said very kindly:
“It seems that the person you are looking for is God”.
The crown busted out laughing.
Too much is just like not enough
It will not serve you well to have a list that long.
Think about your man.
If you write all the qualities you can think about on your paper, it means that, maybe, some problems are slowing you down. For instance:
- You do not know exactly what you are looking for. So you write all the possible qualities a man should have -so you don’t have the feeling that you are missing something.
- You think a lot about what you want; not that much about what you can give. This is a shaky way to start any relationship. Say someone asks you what do you have to offer to the other. If your answer is “me”, well maybe you put a bit too much of your ego in your hunt for a perfect husband. Remember that golden rule: what you ask should be what you give.
- Maybe you are too influenced by your readings, TV or the movies. Many men and women have discovered that problem as they were looking for their mate.
Now here are different techniques to help you find out who is your perfect husband.
Use those ideas to have a clear vision of the man you are looking for.
Play with the time machine
See what your love life will be in, let’s say, 5 years.
“Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others”- Jonathan Swift
This technique is old. But it works
So why not create a movie in your head.
It can be a bit difficult at first to have a clear vision of how you want your love life to be. You will write things that any women can write.
“My husband is a sweet man that is faithful, and is a good father”.
But you are not like every woman. You are… You. Your couple will be different, special. Why? Well maybe you are a writer and you would like to be with a man who loves books. Not necessarily somebody works in the industry but someone who could give you positive feedback about what you write.
Are you following me?
Be the more precise and concise possible. But write enough to have a beautiful movie in your head.
Have your personal manifesto.
In this section, you will write your beliefs. How you see yourself today? How you will act in the future with people around you? No doubt, your text will change a bit with time. But with a pen in your hand and a paper, you can create a great starting point that will help you reach your goals.
What are the values you consider very important in your life? Maybe it’s:
- Fear of God
“Whenever I go meeting the public… spreading a message of human values, spreading a message of harmony, is the most important thing”. Dalai Lama
Here, in the quote, the Dalai Lama is not talking only about what is important to him. He tells us what he wants to offer to the world.
You can do the same.
Write about what you will give to your loved one. Remember to use strong and affirmative language. The best is to use the present tense. It will be easier to write your text with words like “I will” and “I am”. This technique will help you to understand what kind of couple you are looking for.
Go work inside your head.
Once you have made your movie and your manifesto, it’s time to go inside your head and work on this belief: what you desire the most is what you will have.
“Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be …” Mark 11:23
You can make your mind to understand that if you are sincerely about your desire, it will become reality. Things and events will align themselves to help you realize your dream.
To do that, you can use repetitions of affirmation. This was one of the techniques that Napoleon Hill liked to recommend.
Your mind learns a lot by repetition.
To repeat a strong and positive statement is like recharging your batteries. You conceive a positive energy. Your mind and subconscious get used to it.
They just love that feeling it creates.
So they finally decide that your affirmations are true.
Now, your head will use all its power, all its imagination to create ideas and plans to realize your dream.
Bottom line, you create the energy to make that little bunny run.
It will just keep going and going…
Here are some ideas of affirmations that you can create.
- I am highly driven and motivated to be happily married.
- I am on the path to happiness
- My mind is focused on creating a beautiful and happy family
- I have an unbreakable confidence in myself. ( Napoleon Hill)
- I am fully capable of achieving whatever I set my mind to. (Napoleon Hill)
- I will think positively and create a wonderful life for myself and my husband.
- I am starting to effortlessly attract good men
- Men are starting to notice how positive and vibrant I am
- I am developing an attitude of a vibrant and fascinating woman.
- I naturally attract positive good men.
- I enjoy meeting men
- I deserve to be loved and married.
- I believe that I’m an affectionate woman
- Meeting men is easy for me
It’s up to you
Things will not happen just like that.
You got to make the magic happen.
What you will get first is the right attitude. Then some great ideas will come to you-form nowhere it seems. Use them. Go for it. Keeps that new energy flowing in your veins and you will start to attract more good men.
P.S. Dare something new every day.